Sweet syrupy smell

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lillybug29

Ok this is going to sound like I'm nuts, but I'm really curious. (sorry if there are typos, I'm on my phone typing quickly.

Has anyone noticed a sweet smell from their hedgies? I swear Mace smells like syrup. He always does too. It could be the night after Bathtime and he still smells like it. It's not an overpowering smell, but when he's curled up on my neck, it's all I smell. He's on fleece, so it's not litter that does it. He Estes the same food as khaki a s she doesn't smell like syrup. I love the smell, as hes my baby and it makes me smile. I just think its odd. I use aveno oatmeal and that smells like lavender, so I am sure it's not that. I wish I could bottle it and put it in the computer so you'd know what I'm talking about!

Hahah, maybe Mace has sweet pee pee cuz he's so sweet? How is Filbert? Running a lot now you don't have a light?

He is indeed, i'm starting to wonder why I ever wished for a poopy wheel!!!!
Hows your mile counter working out?

They are awesome! If I didn't have it, I'd be worried Khaki wasn't running since her wheel is spotless every day. She actually runs 1.5 miles a night, every night. Mace runs anywhere from a mile to 9 miles (last night) and has the poopiest wheel. It's awesome to be able to see and moniter it. Mace is getting better about coming out when there is just a bit of light as opposed to total darkness as well. I highly suggest getting one!

Im going to have to have a proper look into it i think!!
Filberts wheel was not poopy last night night and I was imediately worried. The counter would help with that I think.

Back