Surprising Chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbarile92

So some of you guys might know me.
I have two chinchilla's named Dave and Buster, but I recently got another one. She is just a little baby.

I actually wasn't planning on getting a third, but it just happened. Me and my mother had gone into PetSmart yesterday to look at some fish because my mom has salt water fish and I had happened to notice that they had chinchilla's.
First, I was upset with the fact that they had three of them in a tiny glass cage with a small wheel and they were burrowing in bedding.
I had asked the man that worked in the small pet department if I would be able to hold one of them. Well, I was hooked in a matter of seconds.
I had actually brought her home that night, put a deposit down on her then left the store and had to run home to set up a new cage.

I would have never boughten a chinchilla out of a pet store, something just clicked when he had handed me her. She is really sweet too. I've had her for a day now and she is as friendly as ever. When I open the cage door she comes right out and onto my hand, doesn't even flinch. I was surprised that she was going to be such a curious and friendly little chin. I will have to get some pictures up soon of her, she is very small and adorable!

I was just kind of aggravated with the man in the pet store, he had told me what to do. I already knew, but I let him humor me. He had told me to make sure I give her fruit and vegi's once a day (YEAH RIGHT!) and to make sure I give her a dust bath three times a week. The man was absolutely out of his mind. So I ended up calling the manager explaining how to take care of a chinchilla, because hopefully they won't be telling anyone who buys one from them again to do all the things they aren't supposed to do.

Congrats on your new addition...I know it can be so frustrating when we know about the animals and the places that sell them dont lol....they are opening a petsmart near me and I just know I will have to resist getting more chinchillas they are just so adorable!

I know just how hard it can be to resist those cute li'l faces, especially when you had her in your arms. Hopefully the manager listened to your care instructions...but I'm sure nothing will change :(

Congrats on your newest addition! Did you already have another cage? I also would love to see pics!

Latest posts

Back