Super Pet Ledges

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadSteve

I've tried searching for this information, but I can't find it.

Does anyone know what the Super Pet ledges are made out of? All I have been able to find is that they are made from all natural, untreated wood. Because there couldn't possibly be any variation in the types of wood on this planet.

I've found 2 reviews on Super pets ledges but they only say that their Chins loved them.

I don't know what the Super Pet ledges are made from.
However, it is super easy to make your own from pine 2x4 and the wood screw/bolt combination hardware with a wingnut. All pieces can easily be found at Lowes or Home Despot.

I'm not sure what they are made of either...which is bad because we bought some of them a long time ago before we really started doing our research. I do remember I found them to be very expensive though. MUCH cheaper to order them from someone online, or make your own.

Looks like KD pine to me but I'm not an expert. Personally, for the price of wood, sandpaper, fender washers, hanger bolts, and wingnuts, they aren't that bad of a deal for $8. Stainless steel wingnuts are like a dollar a piece at ACE Hardware.

Looks like KD pine to me but I'm not an expert. Personally, for the price of wood, sandpaper, fender washers, hanger bolts, and wingnuts, they aren't that bad of a deal for $8. Stainless steel wingnuts are like a dollar a piece at ACE Hardware.

While no they are not too terribly expensive, I just ordered 9 shelves from someone on here (including some corner ones, and a long like 20 inch or so one) for just under $50 with shipping. If I got 9 of the super pet ones at 8 bucks a piece I am up to $72 before tax. Now a few of those ledges may be a little smaller than the super pet, but a few of them are quite a bit bigger too.

Back