suggestions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be traveling next week for a few days. I have a couple of baby chins whose mom's milk never came in. I will be bring them with me. I will be in a hotel/motel for 3 nights. I am bringing a cooler for the milk. However any suggestions on how I can heat the milk up for the babies. Most hotel rooms I go to don't have a microwave. My babies insist on very warm milk

Fill a bowl/cup with hot water and soak the syringes/container filled with milk in the water. May take awhile and changing out the water a few times to get it to the temp you need it.

If there's not a microwave in the room, ask at the front desk, and there might be one in a lobby or breakroom that you can use. If you're not telling them about the chins, then just say it's for medical purposes and they shouldn't question you.

Just use the coffee maker to heat your plain water and then warm the syringes in the pot! IDK but when I worked Ob nursery it was absolute no-no to heat milk(breast or formula) in the microwave as it destroyed some nutritional value?Heating in cups of hot water was acceptable but as I am sure you know always check temp before feeding!

I did this with a litter of rabbits whose mother died giving birth right before we left to see my dad's side of the family 2 states south of here. I put them in a backpack with all their nest material and hauled them wherever I went. I used one of those powder gatorade mix containers to hold the formula. I always hang on to containers like that. Then I used a mug warmer my mom had to heat it. A candle warmer would probably work too. They look identical. Since it was an 8hr drive one way we also borrowed an ac convertor that plugged in to the car and had 2 outlets so we could use the mug warmer on the go. I easily slipped it all in to our hotel room and in to the rented condo the others were staying at. They even went putt putt golfing on my back.

Latest posts

Back