Suggestions for make-shift carrier?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebbalish

I swear they're smarter t
I ordered a metal carrier from Bass Equipment a few days ago but it's going to take a while for it to be delivered. I really need to take one of my girls to the vet -- both need checkups as soon as possible actually.

I was initially going to wait until the carrier came, but one of my girls needs a vet to look at her eye asap. I was wondering what can be used as a makeshift carrier? Luckily the UPenn veterinarian hospital is very close to where I live (as I am a student there) so I'll be walking/biking to the hospital.

I'm hoping to take them there within the next few days and I don't want to spend more money when their actual carrier is coming in the mail.

Help?

In an emergency, you could use a cardboard box with holes poked in it and a secure lid. Be sure you have the a/c on in your car before you go, because that box is going to be a lot hotter than the carrier will be.

I don't have a car :S It will be a quick 10min walk or 2 min bike ride so I was hoping to make it quickly and get them into the vet building as fast as possible.

Maybe putting in an ice-pack would help?

If its hot outside Id ask a friend for a car ride or do the bike with an ice pack some how secured (dont want it tossing around). If you are in a cool area like me at its 65 out, walking would be less stressful. I would worry that they might get tossed around a lot in a bike.

I use a 10$ mouse/rat cage I got that has bars on the top that you can remove to get the chin in and out. I still think a box and a ride from someone would be best. =x maybe a friendly neighbor? gl.

I will do my best to get a car. If not, I think I'll just taxi there. We're all poor uni students here :p

Latest posts

Back