Sudden loss of appetite - Please assist

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tunes what i meant by if it is only stasis.............is if that was his only problem and the dr did not find anything else. i wasnt implying that stasis was a mild diagnosis. it is very serious.

I met her about an hour and a half ago to give her some cc & lifeline and things didn't look good.

that was very nice of you sandi. i hope he pulls thru.
richie was in stasis when i first took him to the vet and he was diagnosed with malo. its been a long hard road and he still has good days and bad. i will keep ash in my thoughts.

Ash passed away at 7:27pm. I was on the way back to the vet after meeting Sandi to check up on him and got a call that he had taken a turn for the worse and it was time to discuss different treatment options. I told them I was already on the way and would be there shortly. They called two minutes later saying Ash had stopped breathing and passed. When I arrived the vet said that he had been eating, but dehydrated very suddenly due to a bacterial complication. They said it didn't appear to be giardia, but thought he had some other unknown underline condition that caused everything.

Ash was my first chinchilla and although he was always a bit of a trouble maker at times he opened the door to love these little critters. The vet assistant said they see a lot of chinchillas and Ash was one of the friendliest little guys he's seen. He was always a speed demon, master of the wheel, and leaves behind his cage mates Leon, Cloud, and Jett. I will miss you dearly.

Wheel1.jpg

Rainbow1.jpg

Last edited:
I am very sorry for your loss Zabby.

Rest in peace little guy. :(

Sometimes you do all you can, and still - - sorry for your loss!

Sarah you did everything you could for your little guy, I hope you feel better soon, I am so sorry. RIP sweet baby Ash :(

I'm sorry for your loss, But remember you did everything that you could possibly do for him. That really stinks. It's always really hard to lose a good furry friend. RIP Ash.

Latest posts

Back