Stunned chinchilla?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amphy64

I had Henry out in the hall and was trying to catch him and he climbed the raditor and I tried to use a TV magazine to poke him out but dropped it on him, can't believe I was so stupid, it's kind of heavier than you'd think, he ran and I picked him up but he went kind of curled up on his side, opened his mouth, seems a bit limp. I'm holding him and he's moving more now and did eat a cranberry, I put him down and he hopped but was unsteady, do you think he'll be Ok, I can't believe I did that to him I'm so worried.

Last edited:
I would be worried about the heat from the radiator. Was it on? I hope your baby feels better soon! (Try to make a vet visit asap)

Radiator was off. My vet doesn't know that much about chins so what should they look for? I can call them first thing.

Spoke to emergency vet and she said all they could really do is give painkillers and monitor except no one is there to monitor at the moment. Put him back in his cage on her suggestion and he seemed a bit better, jumped on shelf and had dustbath so she thinks his balance is still Ok. He's just sitting in his box now so I'm going to keep an eye on him.

He does seem a bit better now, has come down out of his box eaten some hay and chewed toys, seems to be able to jump on his shelf and perch Ok. I'll take him to the vet to be checked over in the morning. Poor baby, I really feel awful about it.

He does seem to have picked up now. The vet looked at his eyes and thinks he was concussed but said he'll be Ok now. He said to keep him in his cage for the next couple of days, and keep things a bit darker and quiet. He also checked his heart and teeth which were fine.

I'll just keep an eye on him, and have to spoil him a bit to try and make it up to him I think.

I had Henry out in the hall and was trying to catch him and he climbed the raditor and I tried to use a TV magazine to poke him out but dropped it on him, can't believe I was so stupid, it's kind of heavier than you'd think, he ran and I picked him up but he went kind of curled up on his side, opened his mouth, seems a bit limp. I'm holding him and he's moving more now and did eat a cranberry, I put him down and he hopped but was unsteady, do you think he'll be Ok, I can't believe I did that to him I'm so worried.

argh..... should be fine

Back