Stressed? Or sick?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMMTDF

I just got two new chinnies yesterday, I know it would be a little two early to tell but, I stink she's either very stressed or sick, She came from a breeder that would know if she was sick but maybe it's just a virus deal. The only reason I am worried is because Odd, her male cagemate is hopping around like a mad man, and is settling in quite nicely. But Stormy, the female, just kind of sits around and only moves when I stick my hand in the cage. I also found what I would think is chewed up pellets in their cage, there are quite a few actually. Is she just stressed and this will clear up soon, or is this something I should worry about? Thank you so much.

chins cannot vomit so I don't believe you're seeing chewed up and regurgitated pellets. It sounds as if they came as a pair--is the male neutered? Do you know if she's pregnant?

Yes, I do know that chinnies can't vomit, last time when I had a injured chin, he did the same thing, so I think the pellets are just chewed up. They are a breeding pair, so yes there is a possibility of pregnancy, and the breeder thinks she is, but she isn't positive. But she could only be in the first month, so I didn't think she could be showing signs, but do you think that that could be the reason?

I'm not sure. I would start to weigh her to see if she is gaining or losing weight. I would also keep a close eye on her to make sure she is eating drinking and pooing. Whenever those things are being done it is a sign of discontent and illness in a chin--especially if paired with lethargy.

Latest posts

Back