Strange Teeth Grinding Behavior

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishellyshel

Chin Slave
I have 2 chins that grind their teeth or make some type of teeth sounds ONLY when I am preparing their nightly treat/cage clean.

I find it very strange, its sort like a dog licking its chops! Its like they know they are getting their treat and cage cleaned.

Does anyone else have a chin that does something like this? Neither display any type of signs of tooth problems. Snickers is probably close to 7 and he has always done that and now I noticed Zucca doing it but I am unsure of his age. My couch is right near the cage and I have layed there for lengthy periods of time during the day and I dont hear a thing but when I start prepping the cages at night, they both do it. strange.

I have one female that will do it when I am standing directly in front of her cage. I have heard that they grind their teeth when they feel like their space is being invaded - almost like a hey this is my territory! She is not aggressive or anything - almost like its a heads up.

Back