Still worried, but also curious

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillasrox

About 2 weeks ago I had a chin get hurt. Nothing was broken, but he was put on metacam for pain and inflimation. He stopped eating and started loosing weight. We are handfeeding him ground pellets untill the critical care comes in. He is now loosing 2-3 grams a day. He is chewing on sticks and nibbling on hay. He spits out any chunks in the food. We are wondering if it maybe has something to do with his mouth. We didn't thinks so until now because he was chewing on sticks and nibbling on hay.
Thanks

Have you noticed any sores in his mouth, or teeth overgrowth? I personally think he probably just doesn't care for the chunks. My chins do not like the pellets ground up, but love the critical care, and take that pretty willingly, so hopefully he'll do the same! :)

Sick chin need help

Hi
My chin which I do not know his age, is staying at the bottom of the cage and seems not to be eating. I noticed he had two bald spots under his arm
I took him to the Vet a few moths ago and the vet said it was normal
This is a holiday nothing opened. What can I give him for pain there has to be something besides what a vet can give. I do not want him to be in pain
any help would be appreciated

Back