Stasis Help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heku

HI Horrible night here in Ohio.
Around 9 oclock tonight (last night if you want to get technical) My fuzzy came in from her daily romp around the house. She went in her cage and I immediately knew something was wrong. She was hunched over and not looking well. I kept a constant eye on her. When she started stretching in odd positions I knew something was wrong. My boyfriend and I rushed her to the emergency clinic. The dr said she had Stasis. They gave her fluids. He sent us home with metcaf(sp?) .07cc and 1.0 cc's of baby gas x. Good news is she has been eating both pellets and hay. She also drank water out of a syringe. I guess right now I'm just looking for experienced chin owners who could give some advice. I made a warm rice sock for her belly but she isnt a fan. I have also tried massaging but she is in a lot of pain... hopefully when the metcaf kicks in I can try again. Thank you everyone.

Is she producing any stool at all? How did the doctor diagnose her?

And sorry, but just checking, is there any way she could be pregnant?

she is def not pregnant. Last night she was producing regular and frequent BM. Since last night her stool has gotten smaller round and hard. She is still eating without prompt and allows me to feed her with a dropper. The doctor just did a lot of standard tests. He said he felt destention in her stomach. She has been out and about this morning to bathe and move. She has obvious pain when jumping from ledge to ledge. chewing on sticks.

It is a good sign that she is moving around and producing stool at all. Hydrating her will help keep things moving. I would keep an eye on her eating, drinking and pooping and if you feel she is still in pain tomorrow, maybe have her reevaluated by the vet. You feel the metacam is definitely not helping?

I am just wondering if she has other injuries- maybe tooth or jaw (if it hurts her to chew on sticks).

Thanks Tunes, I have read that post before and am trying the same methods. Lola hates the rice sock and doesnt like me touching her stomach so I am doing my best to get massages in.

Dragon, He checked out her teeth last night. She has been chewing sticks as usual. She let out three decent poops in the last hour. And has been decently active and playing. Letting her rest now before giving her more liquid and food.

Latest posts

Back