Starting to sneeze

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigglefish13

Chinzilla
So I've had my chinchilla for about two months (he's roughly 9 months old), and recently he's started to randomly sneeze, but not often. It wasn't until yesterday when I noticed that his sneezing has become more frequent. Is this a sign of pneumonia? Should I take him to the vet? He's still very active, drinks regularly, eats well, and stool and urine are normal. Just not sure if he's sneezing due to something in the air that's bugging his little nose, of if he's starting to get sick.

Thanks

u may want to. Sneezing isn't normal for them as far as i know. Might be a uri or something. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about that can help.

I just went through H&ll with a URI I had that I gave to my three chins, they started out with sneezing and coughing, the day they started they went to the vet, took 16 days of hand feeding and nebulizing for them to clear up finally, whatever was going around here in the bay area is able to be transmitted to chins even with precautions. I would get the chin to a vet to be on the safe side.

Latest posts

Back