Staring Chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurenMcStay

Chillamom
Does anybody else notice this with their chins??

Okay, sometimes I will notice Alice sitting at the top level of her cage, perched on her hind legs with her little hands holding onto the cage bars...just staring into my hallway or at my bedroom wall. It's sort of creepy...I'll wave my hand in front of her face but I get NO reaction whatsoever unless I touch her or wave my hand over the top of her cage. It seems like she is watching something...but there will be nothing there! It's really weird!!! She isn't blind, because like I said earlier, she investigates my hand when I wave it over the top of the cage (I do this silently so I know she is seeing my hand and not just hearing it). I may have a ghosty in my house :hallow3: !!

She has plenty of toys and chewies in her cage, not to mention I let her out every single night for no less than an hour...so it really CAN'T be boredom.

Ahh, I don't know...maybe I'm just paranoid about her getting sick or something, haha.

Thanks for your help! ;)

They can sleep with their eyes open

:O :gasp:
I DIDN"T KNOW THAT! That's really cool

Mork does this all the time. My roommate likes to tease Mork...a lot...so he likes to tell me that Mork is making sure the wall doesn't escape, and then he insults Mork's intelligence :p lol poor little guy. I originally thought he did it because he was deaf, and rather than hopping around or listening to/watching the TV like my other 3, he just sort of zones out because of the constant silence...

Was visiting a friend once, and her ca was just staring at the ceiling. Another friend said that an old wives tail is that some animals are a bit empathic, and can sensethe spirits of the dead, who may still be in the house. Wonder if they can sense other animals who have lived there and passed on. I have a picture of Scooter, my guina pig who passed on before I go Trixie over the cage, Trixie will sometimes go into a trance and stare at it.

Was this during the day? or night? They are nocturnal so it can be simply day dreaming...like how us humans do all the time. Nothing freaky...i hope. I dont want you to be afraid of being in your own home! hahah if you watch her does she doze off to a sleep? or is it just a cold stare? Are her eyes wide open, or cracked a tad? she may be day dreaming, or yes, sleeping with her eyes open.
Regardless, i know what stance she's in, and whenever they stand on their hind legs, its always the cutest thing to see. its that Mere Cat pose isnt it!!!

Jamanalo, it was during the night, right before I went to sleep. Her eyes were opened like they normally are, not real big or anything. But okay! Thanks! :)

Oh yeah....I made a huge mistake with Maddie the other day. She had her eyes open, thought she was awake, went to pet her and she flipped out. I felt so bad. She scared the crap out of me too. Luckily she wasn't mad at me and came right back over to the side of the cage to be pet. Chins are crazy lol

Latest posts

Back