Standards for eval

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoof

Kung Fu Chinny!
Don't think I'll be able to make it to a show, so I'm going to groom these up and take some pictures.

Feel free to let me know what you think, I'm not decided on any of them.

The first two I had time for today are a young male and female. Both five months old.

Pictures are indoor in a green room, and out in the sunlight.

Attachments

• Male1.jpg
    Male1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Male2.jpg
    Male2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Female1.jpg
    Female1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Female2.jpg
    Female2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 75
Color is so hard to tell through pictures, especially without a white background.

Density looks great on the little guy. He looks small in the picture, especially since the girl after him is the same age. Confirmation looks great though, and the last picture really makes her look large. Overall, they look like very nice chins!

Thanks!

Here are a couple more;

Two females.

Attachments

• 524a.jpg
    524a.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 524b.jpg
    524b.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 38
  • V086a.jpg
    V086a.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 30
  • V086b.jpg
    V086b.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 31
Two females

Attachments

• V260a.jpg
    V260a.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 28
  • V260B.jpg
    V260B.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 27
  • T50a.jpg
    T50a.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 34
  • T50b.jpg
    T50b.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 33
I'll give it a go, but beware, my laptop monitor is not so nice to colors so for what it's worth...

Chin #1: Dark! I see more red in him that I'd like in my herd, but could be the lighting/monitor. Good build for a five month old. I hope he balances out more as he grows up. To me he just looks like he's got a huge behind, though he's still nice and thick in the neck and shoulders. I see lots of combing marks in the fur in that first pic, but in the second the fur looks nice and even and he just looks stunning.

Chin #2: I think this one's my favorite. She's not as dark as #1, but she's just so smooth and compact looking. She looks like she's got nice springy, dense fur and a great white belly peaking out from underneath.

Chin #3: Fur looks ok. It looks like its sticking together some, like she needs to dust better or has been handled with oily hands. Veiling looks ok. Looks nice and blocky.

Chin #4: Could do with more veiling down her sides and through the neck area. Her fur doesn't look as strong as the others. Again, it looks like her fur is not in as nice of shape as it could be, but that's just condition. Fur doesn't look as dense as the others'. Shoulders look narrow in one of the pics and ok in the other, so I'm going to say they could be wider. Based of just these pics, I would put her last on a table with these 7 chins, though she's still a decent looking animal. The others just look better to me.

Chin #5: Nice build. Veiling looks a little weak in the neck and I'd like to see it come down the sides a bit more over the hips and shoulders. I'm seeing a little off color in him, though it could just be oxidation (or monitor). Does he have longer fur than the others or am I imagining things? Could just be the angles or his fat rolls...lol.

Chin #6: The second to last girl, she's nice and dark on top! What little I can see of the belly looks like a nice white. I'd like to see what she'd throw with a white just for fun.

Chin #7: Is she by any chance out of Shoots' lines? I love how the veiling extends down her sides and you gotta love a nice white belly on a nicely veiled chin. I see fur breaks in both pics, but I'm sure its just condition as for the most part her fur looks very dense and strong, might be little thinner through the shoulders.

All these chunky chins remind me of the Moto Moto Chunky song...lol.

Last edited:
I'll pipe in a few extra things, but other than that I agree with the above:

Chin #2 - She looks absolutely gorgeous! I WANT! (no really!)

Chin #3 - very small neck - especially if you were to put her next to chin #2. Looks like you might find it to be wedge shaped if you took an overhead picture.

Chin #5 - fur doesn't look like its bouncing back well.

Chin #6 - does it have eb in it? At first I thought it was an eb - then saw the white belly. It has such an 'eb' head! Looks like she'd be wedge shaped as well from an overhead pictures.

Thank you!

#6 doesn't have eb but is casty. That's a perfect example - and unfortunately associated with ebonies as many of them have problems with clarity.

Back