Stain and odor remover

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljiayi

@chingary
Does anyone use stain and odor remover to wipe out the scent of their chin cage? I am currently getting another chin and would have to remove the scent from my current chin before I house the two of them back in the cage so that there won't be any territorial fights.

I was recommended Bramton Stain and Odor Control by my the vet im getting my new chin from. I was wondering if there was any DIY solution to odor control?

I've always used apple cider vinegar when cleaning inside of a chinchilla cage. Vinegar is like my favorite cleaner ever.

Do you spray the vinegar on ANY surface? Also do you just leave it to air dry or do you wipe it off?

I make a vinegar/water solution (if it's a really messy spot I'll go with straight vinegar) and wipe everything down, then I wipe it down with just a clean damp cloth afterwards and let it air dry. I've never tried spraying it.

can you put your chinchilla right back into the cage after you cleaned it with the solution or do you have to wait a while?

I've always washed out with the vinegar, wiped it with a clean, dry cloth and popped the chinchilla back in with no problem. I've never used hydrogen peroxide in my chinchilla cages, as I always use vinegar. I just use that in my house.

I also use white vinegar. I love it for getting getting pee stains off of wood shelves. I usually make a 25/75 vinegar/water solution and scrub the shelves really good, then put them in the oven on 175F or so for 15-20 minutes to dry. Let them cool and put them back in the cage. It has gotten my boys to stop peeing on their shelves.

Back