Squished

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leitnickgirl

My chinchilla, Po, likes to wedge himself in between the roof of his house and the second floor to his cage in the back corner (so that all is visible is his tail from the front side, and in the other side of the cage a really smushed face to where his fur is poking out of the holes) - is this normal? He looks so squished pressed up into it - and he always makes a weird noise as he's getting himself into and out of his position.

I'm no expert and am very new to owning a chinchilla, but it doesn't sound that unusual to me. My chinchilla occasionally squeezes/contorts himself into really weird positions and places. I could be wrong, but it seems like it somehow makes them feel more secure.

What Newt said. :D

They're nutty when it comes to sleep. People have posted pics here of chins sleeping belly-up on top of houses with their nose mashed into the shelf above it, sleeping wedged between the wheel and the cage wall with their feets and face sticking through the bars, sleeping upside down and butt-out in a fleece covered tube while another chin sleeps on their face-- One of mine eats his dinner, throws himself down on the top shelf, hangs his feet, nose, and boy parts out of the cage in front of the window AC unit and has an evening nap *every* night.

We're not little fluffy fibrevores, so comfortable is subjective. :) He sounds more or less normal.

Thank you guys so much! I was so worried, but I think it's nothing now since he's still acting normal. :)

Back