Squeaky wheel

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TessVH92

My chin has a metal wheel, it squeaks like the dickens! Any suggestions on how to stop the squeaking? It comes from the metal posts that the wheel part fits onto when it rubs together. I would use WD40 if it was safe, it is like 90% fish oil. But any ideas would be great I'm going crazy with all the squeaking keeping me up at night.

I'm not sure there are any chin safe wheels with metal posts, if you are talk about something like this...
71HWBb74gLL._SY355_.jpg
it's not safe.
They can break your chin's neck, legs, and tail, or even decapitate your chin. Chin safe wheels include the chin spin, flying saucer, silver surfer, or a homemade style feed pan wheel.
However if it's not that kind and is something else that I haven't seen and is chin safe, WD40 is not safe, some safe lube options would be vegetable oil or petroleum jelly (Vaseline).

Very simple. Use butter :) Just a tiny little bit on the place where it rotates and the squeaking is gone... no chemistry, all natural...
But I am not sure about the safety of the wheel for your chin... you will see what others wohld reccomend...

Latest posts

Back