Squeaks when peeing

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tansy

Our new 8-month-old female hedgehog squeaks when she pees. She poops just fine (and silently) and still eats and drinks normally. She doesn't pee much, and squeaks when she does, but the pee doesn't smell or have blood in it. Is it normal for a hedgehog to squeak during urination, or is it a sign of pain?

That sounds a bit unusual to me. I think I'd clean out a little jar, collect a urine sample from her, and bring it along to the vet.

I've had hedgies squeak before when going to the bathroom. It wasn't an all the time thing though, just on a rare occasion. My short tailed opossum has squeaked when he pooped before, I only heard that one time too.

We've been keeping an eye on her and nothing seems to be wrong with her urine and she hasn't squeaked since. I guess she was just thinking really hard about that bowel movement.

That's good news! I was worried that she was squeaking every single time, rather than just a random little blip.

I know when we humans go to the bathroom, it isn't always a great, comfortable experience either, especially if you have to pass a large one! :D

Latest posts

Back