Squeaking?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlbertaGirl

Expert Wheel Scrubber
Hi all! I know I haven't been around lately, but I have a behaviour question. My Phoebe is approaching her fourth birthday. I had noticed that she quit wheeling and tried her on Metacam in case it was an arthitis issue. Now that she's on Metacam she is wheeling like made and is her usual sociable self. However, she's started a new behaviour - squeaking! She squeaks in her sleep and while she's awake, but not all the time. I don't believe it's a respiratory issue - it's definitely a vocalization of some sort. What does this mean? Could she still be having some pain and need a higher dose of Metacam? Thanks!

BTW, for those who remember me - Alexander and Martin are doing just fine as well and are as cute and huffy as ever. :)

I've been watching your post, hoping to spot a response because I'm not sure of the answer. I hope it's happiness that your little one is vocalizing, rather than pain.

Definitely a good sign to see her wheeling like mad :)

How's she doing today?

Hugs to Phoebe!

It's hard to tell... some nights she eats like a piggy and other nights she doesn't eat at all. She's still very sociable although she doesn't really enjoy getting her metacam. I'm having trouble telling if she's wheeling or not - the wheel is clean, but she doesn't always poop on her wheel even when she's using it. The squeaking is still going on, but she doesn't seem to be in any distress. I guess we'll just keep going as usual until I have some reason to change things. :confused:

Hmm, I've had some who are squeaky and others that aren't but usually it is their whole lifespan. If there'd are other symptoms, then it may suggest pain. If not, probably no need to panic but that is just my opinion. Strange that she skips eating some nights, maybe because she is sleeping through some nights and not sleeping well on others (because her own squeaking is keeping her up?). That seems more indicative of an issue to me. Hopefully Julie or Nancy will weigh in.

Chi squeaks sometimes when im holding her. Not usually any other time. The whole vocalization, it's really quiet. She eats and runs regularly. I wouldn't give Phoebe extra Metacam unless there was a serious reason to. Shes living and socializing normally.

Back