Sparkle

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Maighen

I took in a female chinchilla on saturday from the same person I got Bailey from....I was told there was a chance she was pregnant!!! She passed away today :( No warning....she was eating a litttle...drinking a lot...I thought everything was fine. I went to the store...came home...and she was gone! I should have listened to everyone here...and given her to someone with experience! I was selfish...and I apologize! RIP Sparkle....you were loved :(

I really don't think you or anyone else could have made much difference in so short of time. Something was wrong with her before you got her. I'm so sorry you only got a short time with her. I'm sure it was quite a shock for you to find her gone. She needed help and you were there to give it to her so you should feel good about that. May she rest in peace.

Thank you! I feel guilty though...I wanted to try it myself....and she passed away in my care! I called Chris the guy I got them from and I yelled and I cried...I asked why he gave me a sick chinchilla and he could not give me an answer! I don't think I really expected one anyways.....:(

You'll want to keep a close eye on your chin now. Most likely it was stress related or something non-contageous, but watch him to be sure.

I'm very sorry for the loss of this girl. :(

Thank you! I think she would have been a real love had she been given the chance. She was letting me scratch her nose.

It wasn't selfish of you to try to give her a better life with you than she had with Christ. It was very *unselfish*, especially since I have to wonder if her previous owner would be upset about her dying unexpectedly when he's decided to give them away a few at a time. It takes more courage to love than to hide from the possibility.

Thank you! He of course didn't really say anything when I told him that she had passed away. I wanted to go to his house and yell at him....but....it won't change anything :( I want to go there and take all the rest of the chinchillas and find experienced homes and save them! I told Bailey I was sorry....that could have been his mom....I don't know for certain because Chris didn't know! I had her for such a short time...but I really fell in love with her!

I try not to be....but sometimes it hard. I try to think that she is happier where she is! Maybe I gave her the happiest 2 days of her life here on earth.

I truely believe that you did give her the happiest few days of her life - I also believe that there was nothing anyone could have done - experienced or not. It was probably a 'toxic pregnancy' - Hugs to you You are a great chin parent LOVE is important with the care of these great animals

I am so sorry for your loss. You did nothing wrong and at least she passed in a loving home. You definitely gave her the happiest 2 days of her life, and maybe that is why she felt it was ok for her to leave now. :hugs:

Thank you! I've taken this very hard....when I went to the previous owners house...the cages appeared clean....the water and food seemed clean and good. There were a lot of them in a really small space...probably 8 cages with 2 chinchillas to a cage....all cramped and stacked in a hallway! He just really wanted her gone....I guess really he knew something was wrong. But I am glad that I took her away from there...gave her a cage to herself...and I hope she wasn't in pain when she passed away :(

Maighen, I am so sorry for your loss of Sparkle. You showed her love and gave her a lot in a very short time. It is still very soon for you - but it will get easier as time passes.

(((((HUGS)))))

Thank you! I hope that it will get better....I will never forget her and will always love her!

Don't be hard on yourself. These little critters--they aren't so easy to keep. So sorry to hear about Sparkle's passing. RIP little one.

Thank you....she was sweet...even though I only had her a short time...she'll always have a place in my heart!

Back