Southern California (Los Angeles or Orange County)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Capri Pet Clinic: Dr. Yoko Tamura

I took my Chin (Chili) to see Dr. Tamura today and the exam price was fair ($58.00), and she even has an Endoscopic Camera to take pictures of teeth if needed ($33.50). In general she seemed very knowledgeable about dental disease and Chinchillas in general. At least far more than my previous Vet Dr. Dupen at VCA Wilshire Animal Hospital. Not to say that there is anything wrong with the care that Dr. Dupen provided, just Dr. Tamura seemed to be more experienced and knowledgeable about Chinchillas when explaining teeth problems, etc...

I did however, get an estimate to have her teeth filed as they are causing Chili a little discomfort, and the cost was more than twice that of VCA. You can see my other thread about the procedure and associated charges by Clicking Here

I went to Dr Greek after Tabitha recommended him. Had another vet before who was ok but I wanted someone who knew chins. Did great with my chins and had been taking care of my rat lately too. Nice place, good staff, great doctor.

Back