Sooooo happy! Grooming,wall surfing and popcorning!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelleideeaz1

My new little guy was exceptionally friendly last night...sitting on my shoulder, grooming my hair and eyelashes. I had my torso inside his cage for this and then I started to walk around the room. He held still for a good 5 minutes and I was singing to him. We walked back over to the cage and he went to jump in and missed and ended up on the floor. I played with him on the floor for about 5-10 minutes while he was wall surfing and popcorning and exploring me and just being so darn cute........and then came the dreaded time to return to his cage. IDK if you heard about our last endeavor but it did not go well (I'm waiting for hubby to make a set of stairs leading up to the FN doors). At any rate, I sat on the floor with my back to the cage, right next to the doors and lured him up with 1/2 a shreddie. He got right into his cage and "viola".....! No chasing or upsetting experience...I was so freaking happy I could've cried :))))))) :dance3::dance3:

Absolutely!!! I was amazed at how well that worked! I was especially afraid because he refuses to get in his dust bath outside of his cage because he knows that means it's time to go back home. :) I didn't want him to have negative connotations associated with the dust bath so I stopped using it to trap him after the 3rd time. The are sooooooo smart!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back