Soft stool

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little guy has soft stool and I heard that I should only give him his hay until it firms up. Just wanted to check if this is correct.

yes, pull all pellets, no treats.. some people might use either activated charcoal, or a non shredded wheat..

Summer

When you do put pellets back in you can sprinkle acidophilus on them to help regulate the bacteria in his gut.

He has been eating mazuri for a year now since i got him and has never had a issue win it before. I don't give him treats to often but when I do he gets a risehip or small piece of dried papaya. But my sister did have the flu last week. Is this something that he could have possibly got from her when she was sick?

sometimes they just get soft poop... i know one of mine does, and i'll treat him for aday orr so with charcoal and pull pellets and i have always been lucky, it would go away and that was that... but you never can know if it is something serious from something else... what kind of water do you use.. i mean "tap" or bottles... filtered..

He has been eating mazuri for a year now since i got him and has never had a issue win it before. I don't give him treats to often but when I do he gets a risehip or small piece of dried papaya. But my sister did have the flu last week. Is this something that he could have possibly got from her when she was sick?

Some chinchillas do have issues with Mazuri causing soft poo. If this becomes a re-occuring condition you may want to consider switching. How's he doing today?

He seems good he is still super energetic and wanting to play last night but I didn't take him out. If he sick I want him to have a little "rest" to get better. What food do you recommend I know I can get tradition pellets from a rescue that's near me is that good?

as long as you are able to consistently get Tradition from the rescue, i'd say try it. or you could try oxbow as well. i know Sandi here on the forum sells oxbow.

Back