Soft stool and switching feed

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selfprodigy

Wishes chin poop was gold
I have two younger chins ( 1 yrs 3yrs) that have been on Mazuri for as long as I've owned them. I've read about people having "runny" stools on Mazuri this is why im concerned and I'm gathering input.

We recently moved and the chins are under a bit of stress with the move and all. I noticed one of our chins poops are a bit soft. They are not runny and if they sit around for an hour they turn pretty hard like a pellet. I've just noticed a fresh one will be soft enough for me to squish almost as if though it was made out of play dough. Not runny but moist.

I've checked his butt and i can't see any sort of diarrhea stains. All of his poop looks like it's a good size.

I'm looking for some community input on this one? Should i switch or would that stress them out too much right now. Anyone had similar experiences. Is it okay to have slightly soft stools if they arent runny etc...

I wouldn't switch. Most likely he's reacting to the move. Give him some acidophilus and some bite sized, nonsugared shredded wheat, pull his pellets, and just give hay for a few days. Hopefully by then you will be settled into the new place and he can settle down too.

Latest posts

Back