So I found new things for my wish list

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shenanigans

I've got a few new things I wish I had money to spend on. Since you guys can be more understanding of throwing money at chin stuff than other people, I figured Id share some ideas.

http://www.cagesbydesign.com/ this website is pricey as all get out, but has some HUGE cages. Any downsides besides cleaning to give an adult chin a 6x6x6 foot cage? as long as there's plenty of stuff where they wont fall?

Also, my next chin purchase is probably going to be this (or a few of them)
http://www.menards.com/main/heating...-modular-flue-with-hole/p-2087062-c-13752.htm

It's not meant for chins, but it's clay and other people use clay pots for hay- I think it would be a nifty house, but it'd be a outside the cage or bottom level thing so Yuki couldn't push it off, break it, and hurt himself. I don't see any other reason it wouldn't be good, but please let me know if you see something I don't.

Those cages are rather awesome! My first concern with a cage that size would be airflow. As long as you go with the bird cages, that mitigates the problem. My other concern is that you can't effectively feed them without risking an escape every time. Would they really want to leave a 6x6x6 enclosure though? That site's a great find! My chins are set, but if I ever decide to get back into iguanas or move onto birds, that'll be my first stop. Thanks for posting!

As far as the flue liner goes, I'd call the company to find out if they use any kind of heat protectant or sealant. If so, I'd opt for something else.

I would have been going with the cages for birds/small animals and not the reptile panels.
I haven't called in to the company about any sealant yet. The only thing it says in the description is clay, so I'm hoping I'll have good results to share with you all soon! And maybe pictures if I get it for Yuki.

Latest posts

Back