So frustrated!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittneyk13

Daisy🌺
I have two chinchillas who are siblings. (The boy is neutered). They are 7 months old. Whenever I have them out to play daisy (girl) will play so nice and chew on some wood sticks and popcorn around. But turbo (boy) is the complete opposite! He drives me crazy all he does when he is out is try to escape. I'm not even exaggerating a little...he does this the whole time. The playpen I made them is pretty secure. I am always with them when they are out but it gets so annoying to be having to chase him around when he gets out or just having to follow him around the whole time he is out. If he is about to escape and I stop him, he will bite me! I thinks it's his way of saying he is mad lol. I love BOTH of them to death but he is making me go crazy. Is this just a terrible teen stage? Does anyone else deal with this?

I would say it is typical chin behavior. I think they are born to try and escape. That is all the fun. Also yes, he is in the 'teenage age'. You obviously have to make the playpen MORE secure or put him where he can't escape. Try to catch him when getting him back to his cage with his dust bath. I also use a butterfly net - works all the time. They are SO surprised when to capture them with the net

Latest posts

Back