So, chin has "snake eyes"?! @.@

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evelyn

I don't know how to call it but it looks like what snake has. We checked him under bright light two days ago. And see that inside of that big black eyes he has that shape that snakes have. Last night we looked at it again and it was dilated! This will sound dumb but other chins have it too right? It's a little freaky but kinda cool in the same time lol we have had him for almost two years never recognize it and its kinda hard to see it has to be at specific angle.

So am I crazy? Or this is normal?

We just checked Jonesy's after i read this, and her pupils appear to be rounded. (She didn't consider a willow twig fair payment for that.)
If it's a physical anomaly, it doesn't sound like a very worrisome one, unless they've changed recently.
Maybe they just contract in a different shape than a human's or a dog's? Cats have snake eyes, if i'm understanding what you're describing.
Ha!--nevermind my musings: it varies. Check this out. http://www.chinchillaworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3309

Back