Snoring Dormouse

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it sounded like he had an upper respiratory infection.

If you read the description, the snoring is not actually the dormouse. This was a silent video that they "reimagined" and dubbed over. It's a very cute video though and I think it was made to try to garner attention for the dormouse, but obviously not a lot of people read the description.

They don't actually sound like this in hibernation, so don't worry. The normal sound is a high-pitched 'peep'.

This is a reimagined version of some lovely silent footage of a dormouse in torpor taken by Surrey Wildlife Trust Mammal Project Officer, Dave Williams.

If you read the description, the snoring is not actually the dormouse. This was a silent video that they "reimagined" and dubbed over. It's a very cute video though and I think it was made to try to garner attention for the dormouse, but obviously not a lot of people read the description.

That's a a relief. I never saw a description. The only time one of my small rodents sounded like that, they were very sick.

Latest posts

Back