Smorgasbord

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteTree

This is the malo chin smorgasbord. From left to right we have Critical care, ground up pellets and hay and baby food; 9 grain supplement with ground up rosehips; peas and carrots babyfood; and herbal supplement with bee pollen. Please forgive the messy cage tomorrow is cleaning day. This is my attempt to get more food in him, he ate quite a bit from each bowl. He's a bit of a fussy eater, but I think this might work. It was kinda cute so I wanted to share it.

chinchillas 026.jpg

skip the peas and carrot and switch to baby food squash or canned pumpkin. both have way less sugar and carbs. the peas and carrot can cause gas and eventually bloat both which are extremely painful and the latter can cause death.

Ditto what Michelle said, but in addition to that, if you're trying to put weight back on, then a wheel is not the way to go about it. I would absolutely limit saucer time.

Squash and pumpkin, ok. I went with green vegetables since that's what the vet told me to get. I'll take the wheel out, I only left it in because the cagemate likes the wheel and Scamp never really ran on it until recently. He would sit on it but never ran on it, until about two weeks ago, he just started running.

Back