smoosh method

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macaroni and Chiz

Animal obsessed
So I have heard great things about the smoosh method when introducing chins. I have decided I would like to try this method. I have a 2 1/2 y/o and a 12 week old to introduce. However I don't have a show cage, so is there something else I can use?? And I know to supervise them and only leave them there for 15 minutes. But if they bite each other do I take em both out immediately?? Also what other things do I stop and end t method for the day??

You need a cage and everything that is neutral to start off with. You can put vanilla on their noses. My opinion is that since you have a 12 week old that there probably will not be any problems.

I just put a female with 2 bonded females together this morning so far so good. I didn't do the smooch I just put all 3 in a neutral cage and watch them.

I am dong a cage cleaning today of the cage they'll both hopefully eventually live in. So I just put them in the big cage and watch them?? Or did you put them all n a small cage??

All my cages are about the same size, unless I get one of my spares out of the shed. I have 25 cages that are being used so I just have to move chins around. If you have a small cage as long it's neutral I would use that one.

I do have a small cage on hand. It is an old single level guinea pig cage. I put them in thw big cage yesterday after I cleaned it, and the baby just hid in the house the entire time. When she did come out and they crossed paths, the adult would chase her. I put vanilla on their noses too. My adult continues to chase her when she comes near. And when one is in her cage, and the other is out running around, they will touch noses through the bars and like flinch back really fast. My adult has also tried to bite her toes through the bars......

Latest posts

Back