Small, light poops

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahKay

Mother of Zeb and Roo
Hello! My nine month old chin has had very small and light colored poops the past two days and he seems to not be pooping at all today. He is fed oxbow and timothy hay, cheerios or shreddies as treats. I was told in chat today to syringe feed acidophillis and water, but was wondering how much? Also, I was told to give simethicone. Anything else I can do? I changed his water in case that would help and will keep track of the water level. My mother's going to have chin duty starting now, pretty much because I'm leaving for study abroad and I'm kind of panicking because he was pretty much always healthy until now.
The only change made is that his cage was moved to my basement which is cooler and has a dehumidifier, so if anything he should be happy. His ears are up and he does not seem less active. Thank you thank you thank you!

So I'm stuck in New York City for the next 24 hours but I've been getting regular updates from my mom who is currently on chin duty. Apparently he is pooping all over the place, drinking, and eating well. I have no idea what happened, he's going to be under watch and I will have her continue to hold out on the treats but it looks like he just wanted to make sure my takeoff was as stressful as possible.

Latest posts

Back