Sleepy Chin or Bored?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariana077

So I realize I post a lot, sorry I just want to keep him healthy and loving life (as I'm sure all of you do). My chin has been taking a lot of naps outside of the cage lately. He's very very fond of sleeping on my DVDs. Is this normal? Granted I do let him out for a few hours at a time because when he's in his cage he pouts and wants out. I don't mind letting him out while I'm here (small apartment and all) but I worry that maybe he's lonely because he's taking naps while he's out. Thanks!

if you let him out a lot and for long periods of time, he could just be comfortable with his surroundings, and just feels safe enough to fall asleep. i would take it as a positive sign that you're doing a great job :) thats my take anyway, if anyone disagrees, please step in!

Thanks for such a quick response! I was thinking the same thing, but I just worry that he's sad or something. Now to get him to sleep next to me while I do homework :D

Back