Sleeping underneathe fleece liner

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenko

Today I walked into the chin room to find a suspicious lump under the fleece liner in Mips' cage--he's apparently decided to burrow under for a snooze. While it's adorable as heck (I lifted the fleece and he peeked at me all bleary-eyed and crinkle-eared) and I don't mind straightening the fabric, I am slightly worried that he'll overheat in his sleep. Does anyone else's chin do this, and do they know enough to pop out if they start to heat up?

I have heard of quite a few chins doing that, but not heard of one overheating if the room they are in is already temp controlled. If you are worried, you could weigh down the liner with cage items or, depending on your cage style, make a pillow-case style liner.

From what I understand, lots of chins do this :) If you are worried, you can always put a chin chiller underneath where he likes to sleep. Otherwise, I doubt he would overheat unless there was already a temp problem in the room. That is cute though!

Mine chin Romeo sleeps under my covers at night almost ever night when he started I was a lil worried but now I just let him I figure if he's in comfy rebel **** move and if my room does get a little chilly I find him under the blankets and he's always fine

Mine does it too!

Today I walked into the chin room to find a suspicious lump under the fleece liner in Mips' cage--he's apparently decided to burrow under for a snooze. While it's adorable as heck (I lifted the fleece and he peeked at me all bleary-eyed and crinkle-eared) and I don't mind straightening the fabric, I am slightly worried that he'll overheat in his sleep. Does anyone else's chin do this, and do they know enough to pop out if they start to heat up?

yes, mine only just started doing this few weeks ago, not sure if it has to do with season or what, but ive had them since end of october, and the girl just started doing this... only mine pees under there sometimes (flipped up, so they pee only in corners of my cage, so that corner no fleece so ugh!) i too try to discourage it as i fear they will over heat

Latest posts

Back