Sleeping Schedule

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeeleyAnne

Buddha & Moose (:
Hello! I have a question about chin sleeping schedules. My first chin, Buddha usually wakes up and is ready to play around 8 or 9 PM, and then goes back to sleep pretty early in the morning. I have to get up early if I want to be able to play with him in the mornings. Our new chin Moose on the other hand, likes to wake up and play really late, around midnight, and then he wants to play in the morning, until almost noon. (This kinda breaks my heart because when I am getting ready to leave in the morning for work, he sits at the door and begs for me to let him out!) I want Moose to get his play time, but I don't have enough time to let him out most mornings. So here is my question. Eventually I am hoping that the 2 boys can get along, and be housed together. Do chins that are cage mates ever get on the same schedule, or will they continue to sleep on their own natural schedules? I know you can't really change their schedules (or so I've heard), but do they ever adapt to each other's sleep schedules when housed together?

That's funny because my two boys are on opposite schedules too. Cotton is up at 7pm and in bed by 6am (or so)... Splinter is up at 10pm and in bed by 9am)... That's since they've been separated. When they lived together for the first 2 years, they were on the same schedule. However, I also know that they will adapt to my schedule. There are mornings where I'm getting ready for work at 8am and Cotton wakes up to say hi, give a snuggle and goes right back to bed. Splinter will do the same when I get home from work at night around 7pm, but then goes back to sleep until his usual wake up time. My guess is that if they are willing to adjust to our schedules, they just might adjust to each other's as well. Of course, each chinny is different, so who knows! :)

Latest posts

Back