Sleeping patterns diff for every chin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumby and Elmo

Bit of background, my 2 new girls, 8 months old, Muffin and Toffee, got them about 5 weeks ago.

They seem to be settling in, Muffin is a lunatic, endless energy, wants to fly out of her cage every time I open cage door. They still haven't been let out for playtime yet. Don't seem to see her sleep very often, I do see her napping, but every time I open cage door, she's up and flying to me.

Toffee on the other hand seems shy, she does let me pet her, but she seems to sleep a lot, I only see her awake after 12 midnight and the hours onwards I don't know, and then in the morning before I go to work she's also awake till about 10-11, then it's like sleep marathon, I do see her eat a few pellets at around 5ish in the afternoon, but the hrs between 7-12ish at night, she just stays there and sleeps sleeps sleeps.

She's put on some weight since coming home, so I am not very worried that shes sick, but do young chins sleep so much? But Muffin doesn't sleep, she's play play play....

And my boys dont sleep so much either, was wondering if it's normal for her, or should I go for a vet visit?

She's pooping, eating, and playing, but its just that she sleeps sooooooooo much.

Latest posts

Back