Sleeping on Side?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00kim00

My chin has just recently started lying on her side and looking very knocked out when she sleeps. Is this a sign that she is getting sick? She hasn't been less energetic or anything else...but the first time she lied down like this I nearly had a heart attack I thought she was sick!

Is this normal or something to be concerned about?

Yep! My chin also began doing this. As long as she seems to easily get up, and if she's acting normal, then she's perfectly fine :)

Our little one does this, usually after running on her wheel. We call it dead chinchilla (because it scares the heck out of us.) But the first few times she started doing it we were like :O

C25C62A7-8D5B-4C28-BF1D-52E94325A4AE-10495-00000A1E80B99D38_zps7c022c38.jpg

How ours slept when she was 2 months old.

Mine will sleep on his side every day in really cute positions. My girl I have found upside down with legs at weird angles on the bottom of the cage. Every time I jump to the door and race to touch her thinking she is a gonner. X_x They love to do that to poor owners.

yup, both of mine do it on the ledges and in the tubes. at first i was worried but i came to know they just do that. and then i also came across a topic after searching it much like this one and it assured me they were just comfortable with their surroundings now =)

Totally normal! I usually have to do the "poke" test when they give me a heart attack looking like they're dead LOL

Latest posts

Back