Sleeping locations...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelleideeaz1

My Jasper seems to sleep in a different place every night. I did notice a couple weeks ago that he slept in his hidey house 2 nights in a row, but that's the first and last time that happened. Who notices this as well? Wondering if it's a sign that he hasn't found "his spot" yet and maybe never will..??????

Mine instantly took to sleeping on top of his house... It's where he spends most of his time during the day. I bought him a larger house when I got his CN cage, thinking he would go in it(as the other was smaller so maybe there wasn't enough room?) and he went right on it. I have it on the small pan on the bottom level so he's between the top level and his house. He seems to like being confined like that. XD

I'm sure he will decide where his favorite spot is. I find mine in different places sometimes. Maybe he just doesn't have a preference :)

Rio rotates sleeping spots. During the day he usually naps in on his granite stone or on the top of his hammock, but when he is sleeping in the morning after playing all night he is usually in his wooden sleep house. I think even after two years he doesn't have a favorite spot. I think they usually end up sleeping/napping in whatever place seems most comfortable for the moment :)

LOL I have never seen her sleep in a different spot always up on the top most shelf of her cage. Its interesting to know that their are chillas out there that sleep whereever lol.

My 2 yr old female picks the same two spots always. My 1 yr old male sleeps anywhere. His house, on top of his house, under his wheel or with his head propped in his hammock.

Pepper likes to sleep as high up as he can get. If he's squished up against the cage cieling, he's happy. Typically he's either snoozing inside his house, on top of his house, or sometimes in his hammock. Occasionally he'll seem to doze down on his tile in the corner though. They shift around sometimes, and sometimes they have more than one 'spot'.

Back