Sleeping Location

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljiayi

@chingary
Do some chins just like to sleep on the cage floor rather than in hideouts? Mine in particular loves the floor and sleeps sideways regardless of temperature of the room or the many hideouts I provide him with.

If the room is cool enough, and he's not lethargic, but just sleeping, then it's probably just that he feels very comfortable with his surroundings. My boys sleep in a bunch of different places in their cage, sometimes on the floor of the cage, in the hidey house, on a chiller, on a shelf, on the tiniest ledge in the cage. They will sleep on their side when they fell most comfortable.

My chins like to sleep in a tube or under a shelf on the floor. They like to move the litter out of the area as well.

My Rosey seems to sleep wherever she feels is most comfy at the time!!

Floor, shelves, hut or tunnel, they all get used as beds :)

Alright! I guess there's nothing to be worried about then :) Thanks so much for all the feedback.

My chin has a hidey house, 2 hammocks and a tube. Under his wheel, stretched out is his favorite sleeping position. Sorry about the quality of the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0349.jpg
    IMG_0349.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back