Sleeping in his litter pan...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellylynnmarie

lovin' my chinny boys!
I have a little boy who always slept on his lava ledges and top of his house. He has now taken to sleeping in his litter pan with aspen bedding... He sleeps on one side and pees on the other... making sure to keep it separate and I've been changing it more often for this reason, too.

Any ideas why? Is this anything I should be concerned about?

Nothing much we can tell you except for chins are weird. They can have all kinds of comfy places to sleep and choose to sleep right out in the middle of their cage pan.

We will never understand the world of chins, they can sleep in positions or places that we would never think comfy.

That's what I thought. I have one who sleeps in a litter pan and one who cuddles with a stuffed whale. Haha. It's best not to try to make sense of it. :)

My female chin really loved a minature pet bed (looks like a cat/dog bed) so I bought one for her little brother. He only sleeps with it upside down with his tail poking out from under like a turtle. He also likes to walk around with it over him often bumping into everything since he cant see.

It could be possible that your baby just likes the comfort of the litter. Maybe try experimenting making a separate bed for him if you don't like him sleeping so close to wet litter.

Back