Sleep schedule?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosimcute

♥♥♥
Is it normal for my hedgehog to sleep during the night? I'm not sure and I'd like to make sure everything is okay with him. Thanks in advance

Is he a baby still? Babies need a lot of sleep. So if he is a baby I wouldn't be that concerned if he sleeps a lot. Ensure he is eating plenty, is getting up, and monitor his weight.

If he is an adult, is his habitat warm enough?

Do you mean he sleeps the whole night and is up during the day or he takes naps at night?

Yes he's still a baby. It's always around 75 degrees and it's only naps. I wasn't sure if this was normal behavior or not, and I figured I wouldnt take my chances so I decided to ask you guys :)

I think my little ones have napped at night. Lots of wheeling and eating, but some naps mixed in too.

On more than one occasion, I've found Tex napping out in the open when it's dark. With the lights off, he'll just sleep anywhere... wheel...floor...whatever. When lights on, he's back in his hedgiebag superfast.

Back