Sleep Barking

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone else's chin sleep bark?

Pablo has never ever barked in his waking life, but recently my partner and I have heard him barking for about 5 seconds at a time. When we look to see if he's OK, he's fast asleep!

Crazy little guy...

Yup. The only time I here anything from Gizzie is in his sleep and it is usually the warning call.

My little boy does it constantly. Thought something was wrong at first. Must be those wicked chinny dreams.;)

My little guy will bark in his sleep. Usually I wait to see if he does it more than once. I try to comfort him with my voice first but if he continues I or my husband get up & pet him. This majority of the time is enough & he'll go back to sleep. However, he will also do this sometimes while awake for attention.

All three of my boys, even the deaf one, bark in their sleep. Before we got Dale (the deaf one) I always just figure the other boys were barking because they heard something that startled them. Now that Dale barks too, I'm convinced they have bad dreams sometimes.

At least two of my three girls bark. I haven't heard my newest sleep bark yet but have only had her for about two months. Dany will sometimes do the warning call in her sleep. At first it scared because I thought something was wrong. It took me a while to figure out she was doing it in her sleep.

Latest posts

Back