Silver Surfer in a CN cage? anyone done this?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisbradley6

just a little chin-crazy!
I have recently purchased a silver surfer wheel for my new Critter Nation cage. I got it a couple days ago but realized I have a problem!

the metal hooks on the wheel that are supposed to hang the wheel from the bars of the cage are TOO BIG to fit in between the bars on the critter nation cage! yikes!

I did a search here and found several others have encountered this problem as well, but I have not seen any solutions.

Has anyone actually figured out how to mount this wheel in this cage? Any and All suggestions would be welcomed!!!

I managed to somehow get a Silver Surfer onto a Critter Nation once when I was first getting into chins...I'll NEVER get it back off without damaging the bars. I honestly wouldn't try it... Maybe you can sell the wheel and get something else.

Last edited:
your response doesn't actually help me much. will you tell me how you actually got it in the cage?

i picked this wheel for several reasons, and am not interested in selling it. if i cant get it out of the cage, its not a big deal to me, but i'm sure i could. not sure how you'd get it in and attached but not out...?

maybe you could show me pictures of how yours looks?

I remember twisting at an angle to get the first hanger in and squeezing the bars to force the second one. It wasn't easy. Looking back I could have EASILY damaged the cage doing what I did which is why I recommended against using it. I just don't want to see you damage your cage is all. Just being honest. I would never attempt another. I'll see if I can get you a pic...

Last edited:
Back