Silly Hedgehog

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugargliderlove

Hedge Addict
I wanted to share what my Sonic did on the 5th of this month. so I had took out Sonic for play time in the living room on the floor. he decided that he was going to lick the carpet and then anoint himself. then he decided that I needed to be anointed as well. then after anointing me, he chewed on my sleeve of my sweater and then anointed himself and me again. so I had to give him a bath and he smells like baby shampoo. he anointed both of my pant legs, and my left arm sleeve. thought I would share what my "lovely" hedgehog decided to do during play time.:hilarious:

Lol that's awesome! My izzy likes to lick my entire hand and slowly walks up my hand onto my arm following her tounge all the way... She found a hair tie on my wrist once and fixated to trying to pull it off me... She anoints every time she licks my hands (apparently mommy tastes very good...) .... Aveno bubbles in the bath also apparently taste good to her 0.0

What a goof!

Be careful using baby shampoo - if you're using the traditional Johnson & Johnson type of thing (ie, yellow no more tears), it's still a bit on the harsh side for hedgie skin. The Aveeno oatmeal kind works wonders though. Hopefully, that's what you have!

I have the family dollar brand of baby shampoo. I am thinking of getting the aaveno cause he is having a little bit of dry skin more then he normally does. he doesnt get a bath all the time once in a while he does. I give him a foot bath with just water and brushing his feet with his toothbrush I use to give him a bath with. He has not done this again since that night. he loves to be out of his cage and hang out in my lap or exploring my bed or the floor or the bathroom.

When I was at the store I got him aveno baby wash. I had given him a bath last night cause he seemed to be really itching from dry skin. it seemed to help he really likes baths. While I was drying him off I noticed a small black spot on his front leg upon further inspection he is a scab Im thinking he scraped his leg on his quills. he doesnt seem bothered by it at all.

When I was at the store I got him aveno baby wash. I had given him a bath last night cause he seemed to be really itching from dry skin. it seemed to help he really likes baths. While I was drying him off I noticed a small black spot on his front leg upon further inspection he is a scab Im thinking he scraped his leg on his quills. he doesnt seem bothered by it at all.

Wonder how he managed that! Just keep your eye on it.

Too funny that he really likes baths. The closest I've had to a hedgie who liked baths was Texie, who'd just stand there and drink his bathwater! No Aveeno (or anything else) for him.

I will. I had him out earlier and I tried to look at it but he wasnt having any part of it. When he gets bath he doesnt huff at me at all. the only time he does is when I grab him out of the sink with the towel to dry him off.

Latest posts

Back