Silly Demon, chinchillas don't fly...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damanta

Just went in to feed/water and scritch Angel and Demon. I open the top door of my ferret nation, Demon gets really excited. He runs straight towards me and flings himself out of the cage. I make a grab for him but miss. He lands on the floor, shakes himself and tries to run off. I snagged him and gave him cuddles but oh man, my heart was in my throat. The little dipstick looks fine, but he definitely just won the dumbest chin of the year award.
Anyone else have a crazy chinchilla?

yes my gus has done the same thing not once but thrice, and hes fast super fast he my little gangster chin, but thank god he didnt hurt himself

I have several chins that do that - I have to be super careful now when I open their cage door. Sometimes I have to grabbed them and put in a carrier when I clean their cage.

My boy always jumps out into my lap, but after a minute or so of scratches and cuddling I think he forgets that HE jumped out and that I did not grap him. And he begins doing his little "bark squeak" thing so I put him back in his cage and the whole scenario plays out again. This happens 2 or 3 times until finally i give him a stick and he runs into his dust bath. Starting to think he has short term memory loss!

My female has been constantly doing that to me recently! I open the cage door to give her more pellets or hay and she prepares herself, ninja jumps off the side wall of the cage and right out the door! Then I spend a good 15 minutes trying to catch the little bugger.

LOL Lola is a little more careful. Instead of super-flying out of the cage she very daintily in a sprite like fashion hops onto my head. LOL

Sprocket doesn't fly out of the cage, but she will fly onto the top of the bottom door and sit there. If you get close enough while she's sitting there, she'll jump on your shoulder (or arm, whatever is more convenient).

Back