Sign this petition to save chinchillas!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, before anyone gets too riled up, this is a pelt neutral forum. We don't condone it, we don't condemn it.

Second, that video is old news. Like 5 or 6 years old. It was taken under false pretenses and the people taking it (from PETA) participated in the pelting. The person who allowed them to film in their barn was less than bright, but PETA did participate in all the acts as they were performed there.

Third, their petition is ridiculously incorrect. The US chinchilla population is far from dwindling or being near extinct. Maybe WILD chinchillas are, but WILD chinchillas aren't pelted by the fur industry. They are eaten by people in that country and I have no idea what they do with their pelts. Signing that petition will do nothing to keep those chinchillas from disappearing.

Sadly, this appears to be a case of someone who got overly excited and didn't do research. You might as well a sign a petition that says stop the sky from being blue, for all the good it would do.

BTW, may I ask if you are a vegetarian? I wonder if the creator of the petition is. Cows are some of the gentlest animals there are, and pigs are some of the most intelligent. Nobody signs petitions not to eat them. Just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back