Sigma is home! :D

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morganpanda

He's currently still getting used to his cage which is twice the size he had grown up in, so he's still confused as how many ramps he has to climb up. XD

He's also extremely worn out from the car ride- so he's falling asleep on each level as he's exploring. :) Eventually, he'll make it up to his bed.

Pictures to come soon!
Super happy!
Finally a Chin-Mommy!

Congrats!

I love watching my two Chins explore when we switch up their cage a bit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Hehe. it's like a whole new world for them, isn't it? He's certainly fun- but is probably getting frustrated getting distracted with each toy. XD He'll GO to go up the ramp, but then is stopped by one of his toys that he must investigate. He's also extremely sleepy. XD And it's so cute watching him just about fall asleep on everything.

Thanks!

They are the ramps that came with my Martin cage. Just 1/2" x 1/2" wire grid that leads up to the next level. There are four levels- so he's only on level two and still amazed. XD

Its so cute when they are exploring new territory and have to sniff, sit on and nibble everything they see. =D welcome to chinnyhood.

PS- wire ramps can break toes or legs. Might want to consider making solid shelves or skipping them, chinnies also love hopping from level to level! ^_^

I really enjoy just watching him be his chinny-self. Haha. He's so curious, even when I talk to him he wants to sniff my voice.

The ramps definitely were a concern for me, and I posted many concerns about it as well as contacted three different breeders- all who have said that the 1/2" by 1/2" wiring will not harm their feet and is the ideal wire grid to have. I've looked at Sigma and how he sits on the wire ramps and his feet look completely unaffected in fact, his toes lay right across of the baring and it helps him stay stable up the ramps. With those opinions all set on green- I can't justify cutting the wiring away, having to redo the support of the cage, and getting rid of ramps that are really just fun for him.

There is fleece on the second level, though- to give him options of where he'd like to stand on plus a bunch of leaping ledges that don't force him to use the ramps all of the time if he ends up not liking them. I'm all for alternative ways of getting to the same place. :)

Yay! I am glad he is home. Remember to give him space that first week, read and sing and clean the cage, but try not to infringe on his space too much. It's SUPER hard, but worth it because you will find him to be less scared of you and bolder in his exploration of you if he feels comfortable in his cage.

CONGRATULATIONS! Hee hee, I love mine and I hope you love your little Sigma!

Latest posts

Back