Sigh, some people...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimichi

So I posted a picture of my Mimi on deviantART, I'm not sure how many of you know what that is, but it's basically an art site where you can post your artwork/photography/etc etc. Anyways some girl left this comment on my picture;
"cute but chinchillas are evil O_O
I have 6 of them and they are very adorable but they poop every 3 seconds LITERALLY and are super picky so they go through their food and only eat 1 thing out of the 30 varieties of stuff and through the rest on the ground and their powder baths make your hole house really messy."

I then proceeded to leave her a lengthy, not so happy, comment and gave her a link to this forum so perhaps she would educate herself about them more. I may have only had my chin for a few months now, but at least I feel like I'm able to take care of her in a proper manner and did the proper research before getting her. I mean, still learn new things about chins every day.

People are ridiculous. If your pets are so terrible, I'm sure someone on here would love to take care of them PROPERLY! Sounds like they are eating junk food in a dirty cage. Poor critters. Hope its not as bad as it sounds.

-from Tapatalk mobile

Well, the girl is partly right. They do poop constantly and it does fly everywhere, they are super picky- especially when they will only eat the particular pieces of hay that meet their refined tastes ;). The dust does get everywhere. So if you dust before, you will be dusting x10! I keep my chins in a spare bedroom and the dust in that room is crazy, so I am always cleaning it. LOL! I definitely don't think chinchillas are evil by any means. They are more like fluffy, picky, crazy little angels. All the work and effort in taking care of them is worth it-- for sure!

I would say chinchillas are not the right pet for this girl.

So she finally responded to my reply and this was a small bit in it..

"It's nice to get them treats sometimes like yogurt drops or give them fruit or vegetables it's healthy for them and because we have 6 they all like different stuff so each one has their own taste. some like bananas and others like lettuce and others like strawberries"

Last edited:
I actually feel bad for the chins in her care. :[
I mean I'm no pro on chins, but man. She's telling me that they don't eat pellets in the wild, which is kind of obvious, that they just find things like lettuce, bananas, strawberries, and hay just laying around. I know they get hay in the wild, but everything else?? Bananas grow on trees so I think that's kind of a silly answer. lol

You know, if she does decide to follow your advice and come here, it would be a shame if she found this thread and left because of it instead of staying and taking in the knowledge this forum offers. If you're going to send someone here in hopes that they educate themselves on the better care of their animals, it isn't really a good idea to create a thread just about them and bash them... :confused:

Last edited:
:clap1:
You know, if she does decide to follow your advice and come here, it would be a shame if she found this thread and left because of it instead of staying and taking in the knowledge this forum offers. If you're going to send someone here in hopes that they educate themselves on the better care of their animals, it isn't really a good idea to create a thread just about them and bash them... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back