Sick/hurt/or just moody..?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandy

Hey guys, I notice misty starting to act off.
When I go to pet her she barks at me..which she NEVER does. She also was "standing" in a hunched like position. (plus we all know the laid back ears and expressive eyes that tell us something isn't just right)
Now what I'm concerened with is her poops look fine and she seems to be eating and drinking fine. (marking feed and water to check in morning)
Now last night my dad came into town and was holding her and she jumped out his arms and fell to the floor a few feet away- where she did seem to land on her right chest/arm area. Also, my mom has been very very sick with the flu, so I don't know if this is related to either or.
My question is, should I take her to the vet NOW or wait and see if this is just a "bad day" thing? I'm worried about her falling and maybe hitting her ribs.. But I don't think shed still jump from ledge to ledge with that. I don't know here..I'm just worried. Any input is always appreciated.
Thanks. And sorry for the long post.

Oh, and forgot to add she did sound like a bit of a wheeze when I walked in the room, held her up to my ear and could hear it in her chest a bit, then didn't hear it again when a checked a bit later?

Last edited:
I would take her to the vets to be sure - Tell the vet about the fall and that your Mom has the flu bad. Have him/her check her lungs/heart/nose Maybe it is nothing but with the fall and your Mom having the flu I wouldn't take the chance

I would take her to the vet since there are tow things that could have caused problems. Also, keep in mind that chins hid injury and illness very well so jumping around the cage may not mean that there is nothing wrong..

Latest posts

Back