Shredded wheat for treats

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaceful1

Question about shredded wheat for treats. I'm using post brand shredded wheat cereal as a treat. I give my chin a raisin sized portion of the whole wheat itself. How often am I allowed to feed her these portions? I figure one size each time but how many days of the week can I do so?

Have you tried organic mini shredded wheat. I get them at Whole Foods but most markets have an organic section and this way you don't have to worry about perservatives.

I give Lola 1 mini shredded wheat every couple of days. You can also switch it up with organic cheerios too.

Have you tried organic mini shredded wheat. I get them at Whole Foods but most markets have an organic section and this way you don't have to worry about perservatives.

I give Lola 1 mini shredded wheat every couple of days. You can also switch it up with organic cheerios too.

Now when you say "organic" , does that mean it will say organic on the box?

Mine get Post shredded wheat every other day or two. I rather have the Post then the generic for some reason some of them have wet poop. I rotate between goji berries, sticks and shredded wheat. They get 2 whole ones.

Now when you say "organic" , does that mean it will say organic on the box?

Organic will be on the box. The ingredients are natural with no perservatives. If the label has ingredients in it other than food item names then that you can't identify then it is not organic. The one I buy at Whole Foods is made from pesticide free wheat and has no perservatives.

In Rhode Island markets there are sections that have organic foods. If you don't have an organic market like Whole Foods or Trader Joe's you can ask at your market if they have an organic food section.

Because we eat organic it was pretty simple for us to find organic items for Lola. As a choice I stick to natural, chemical free items.

I use Albertsons generic bite sized shredded wheats since I eat them, too. I give each chin one a day. I break them in half and then in half again so they think they are getting more treats!!!

The mini ones are fine every few days or so. You can break them up as others have said too to make it appear as if they're getting more.

Latest posts

Back