Show off your chinnie!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PetoftheDay

We have not had any chinchillas nominated for Pet of the Day in quite a while, so I thought I would encourage you folks! Once your chinnie is featured, their page stays as part of our archive forever, I could show you some old chinchillas we featured if you want!

The first time I saw a chinchilla in a pet store I was astounded, as I had seen an illustration of one in a book of old engravings, but had no idea it was a real, accurately drawn creature! And so the more we can feature them, the more we can help others learn about these special animals.

SAM_0155.jpg

SAM_0171.jpg

SAM_0085.jpg

Awww, adorable Tams! Can you send me an email or a PM telling me each one's age, kind, and about each one and why she or he is special to you?

(My email is Karen (at) PetoftheDay.com )

Hey folks! New month, and we would love more chinchilla nominations! I hope everyone has enjoyed seeing the chins we did feature, and now it could be your chinnie-chin-chin's turn!

I just wanted to prompt you all again to show off your chinchilla! I am now a guest every week on a pet radio show, so would love to have a good excuse to talk about chinnies on a future show!

I don't get to pick the topics, I'm just a guest on the show, so I just suggest ones to the host, but it's always worth a shot!

Hope you and your chinchillas are doing well. Do chinchillas root for Argentina in the World Cup?

I was about to submit my latest picture to the Pet of the Day site; however, as a photographer it boils my blood when you ask for a copyright to be reassigned to your site. There is no reason legally why you need to have exclusive rights to the copyright.

Let me know if you ever change your terms of service.

This is Bonny and she would like to appear on your site, but is sad she cannot.

4713594548_bc62882e9f.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/inzeos/4713594548/

You keep the copyright, we just put the notice that copyright the images with the award plates on them as they appear on our pages, so other people cannot just troll our site and steal the images. You retain all copyrights to your original image, I promise.

You'd be surprised how many times over the years people have tried to submit a pet that has already been featured on our site and claim it as their own with some other name, and think we're not going to notice that is already has a name plate that says, for example, "Pet of the Day: Bailey" and they say "this is my bird, Chloey"! Every once in a while it's a kid who will say "Oh, that looks just like my bird" and eventually admits they don't even own a pet, but were trying to 'fool' us.

And, Jessers and Sheltiefan - you need to email us the stats and why your chinnie is special to you - you can email me here, or just send it to Pet (the at sign) PetoftheDay.com!

Last edited:
Chi-chi is special to me because she is my very first chinchilla. She is super funny and I guess in the chinchilla rule book she has not read it. She is the complete opposite of everything I read about chinchillas. And when I have a hard day she is always there to sit in my lap and make me feel 100% better

just figured I would bump this up, as we haven't had a chin nominated in a while. Hope everyone and their fuzzballs are staying cool in this weather!

Here is Ying Yang, now called FANTOM....(I tried changing his name to Ying Yang but he is FANTOM to me). He is in with my ebony sc female OPERA. He is quite the sweet "hubby"...as I always catch him kissing him, cleaning her ears and sleeping right next to her as if to say "she is MINE".

Attachments

• Yingyangpet of the day.jpg
    Yingyangpet of the day.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 92
  • YING pet of the day.jpg
    YING pet of the day.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 105
My Chins' Kodak Moments

Aren't they adorable!?!?!

Attachments

• bailey16.jpg
    bailey16.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 71
  • bearmerlin6.jpg
    bearmerlin6.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 73
  • mei14.jpg
    mei14.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 65
  • merlin10.jpg
    merlin10.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 64
They are, brinfe, if you'd like to nominate them, send me an email - Karen (the at sign) PetoftheDay dot com, and tell us each one's name, age, kind - we know they are Chinchillas, but coloring will do, and then a story about why that chinnie is special to you!

And feel free to "go on and on" - on our site, it will be welcomed, not met with rolling eyes like some people in real life might do!

Marvin <333 =)

Attachments

• 2010-08-01 01.03.01.jpg
    2010-08-01 01.03.01.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Marvin.jpg
    Marvin.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Sleepy Marvin.jpg
    Sleepy Marvin.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
pictures

meatball (abby) and pebbles

Attachments

• meatballandme.jpg
    meatballandme.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 86
  • My Beautiful Babies.jpg
    My Beautiful Babies.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 83
Each of you, you should email me the info on your chins, age, kind, place of residence, and what is special about him or her! You can email the pictures as well, or tell me you posted them here, but my email address is Karen (the at sign) PetoftheDay dot com.

Latest posts

Back